Praying for the Whole World

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Easter Greeting from Dr. Martin Rumscheidt

Dr. Martin Rumscheidt was with us at Whitehorse United during Bev's sabbatical, leading worship services and engaging us in workshops.  He sends this Easter greeting from his home in New England:

My Dear Friends, Beloved Sisters and Brothers.

Peace be with you from the One who raised Jesus from the dead; may the grace which is beyond what we may grasp bless you. I miss you! I miss you a lot! I miss you every day! When is Bev's next study leave?

On this Easter Sunday my thoughts are with you especially as I join in the Hallelujahs we raise to God today. With you - in your singing and speaking, in your listening to the music Barry, Derek and the choir offer to God, in your hearing of the Scriptures and the sermon - I rejoice in the good but mysterious news of the Risen One. And I accompany you - albeit in spirit and not, however much I wished it, in body - on your walk with Jesus and with one another in the ministry to which you have been called in Whitehorse, in the beautiful valley of the Yukon River, below Grey Mountain, and among God's beloved First Nations peoples. In spirit, take me with you.

I want to thank you once again for all the gifts you gave me, the opportunities you offered me, and for the stunning beauty of your countryside in which you wrapped it all up. I also thank you for allowing me to venture into your high schools and your college, the side trips to CBC North and the Whitehorse papers. I derived really deep satisfaction in working with you in our workshops; my old professor's heart leapt with joy over the opportunity to be engaged in those intense conversations we had together around the table and how you challenged me. It was wonderful and truly unique.

So, as I greet you fondly from my heart, let me conclude with my question earlier: When is Bev's next study leave? Or does she have to leave at all so that I may return rejoicing?

As aye and indeed affectionately,

Martin

ps: Be well, do good work, and keep in touch.

1 comment:

  1. I love it. I hope that more and more Blogger will use this feature in the future, because it just makes the internet better I think!

    Easter Wallpaper HD for PC
    Short Easter Poems for Sunday School

    ReplyDelete